Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15 Grip

tcs58

I just put the JP Competition Fire Control Kit in my BushMaster lower and now looking at grips. I'm leaning towards the MAGPUL MOE grip. It's economical and looks good. Any opinions? recomendations?

Thanks

Tom Schuster

Sandusky, OH

I've been using a MIAD but the combination of the inserts I use is the same as the MOE so I'll save a few bucks and get the MOE from now on. I've tried the Ergo but it seems too small. If you like the rubber feel of the Ergo and the size of the MOE, Magpul will be releasing a rubber coated MOE this year.

I got a Hogue rubber grip and it is quite comfortable. But like many AR grips, it just seems too small and doesn't give me as much distance from the trigger as I would like (and no, I don't have big hands). If I were going to try something new, it would be the MIAD. BTW, there are two versions, a version that includes a trigger guard and a less expensive version that doesn't.

Ergo...the soft ones with the Gapper! They are great sponsers of our sport too! The Hogue grip was to finger unfriendly for me...where the Ergo also made my AR grip longer so my length of distance to the AR trigger now feels like my pistol. I was sent the Hogue with my JP but the Hogue rubbed the safety lever when taken off safe, I know there is a quick fix for that but...

Just my .02

RLTW,

Scott

[Does anyone know if the ergo grips come left or right handed or are they ambi? Thanks.

I just looked at the two in my parts box, and they have a prominent thumbledge on the left side for a right handed shooter. Kind of odd, I rest my thumb on the safety all the time.

I think I've tried them all, I must have 20 or so grips in a box. For me, the left hand Ergo feels the best. They used to make a right, left and ambi. Last week I was going to get 3 more left hand ergos with some certificates I won at matches and was told that they are no longer making the left hand version. I think that's a mistake. At the shot show we were surprised at how many left handed shooters wanted to handle my left hand Saiga.

Dusty