Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Im new and hoping you can help

the-cowboy

I did just order an airsoft M&P and will report back once we try it.

Got the airsoft M&P and tried it last night. Overall, I'm very impressed! It is a non-blowback, CO2 model that holds 15 rounds. I got an extra mag for it.

Accuracy: Not real scientific, but I put an empty shotgun shell box (25 rounds of 20 ga) on a shelf and paced off 10 yards. The first shot spun it 90 degrees, the second knocked it to the floor, and I then chased it across the floor with the other 13 shots. ALL 15 shots hit the box! Based on the cheaper airsoft guns that the kids have had, a 2-4" grouping at 30 feet impressed me.

Quality: Time will tell, but it appears to be well made.

Weight: My real M&P40 weighed 801g empty, the airsoft weighed 649. The airsoft doesn't change much with the weight of 15 plastic BBs, but 15/16 rounds of .40 does add significant weight to the real gun. The balance of the weight of the airsoft felt pretty good.

Dimensions: I tried the airsoft in one of my leather holsters and it fit perfectly. I tried it in one of the kydex single retention holsters and it was a little harder to draw than a real M&P. The majority of the resistance to draw is where the holster grips the trigger guard. I measured the airsoft and it was .593" wide, the real M&P was .569. That's only 24 thousandth's, but I could feel more resistance when drawing. I didn't measure the backstrap (not changeable on the airsoft), but the grip felt closer to having a small backstrap installed than a medium.

Trigger: You'd never accept that trigger on a real gun, especially the way it stacks as it builds spring tension prior to release, but I'm not so sure that is all bad. I figure if Tommy and I can maintain proper sight alignment while pulling that trigger, manipulating a decent, real trigger should never interfere with the sights.

CO2: It takes the disposable CO2 cartridges. I guess I've got some searching to do to find out what, if any, options I have for those.

Power: The claimed 388 fps is enough to penetrate USPSA targets if fired straight on. Fired at an angle tends to dent and bounce off. Fired at steel freuently breaks the BBs. Definitely have to wear safety glasses whenever firing.

Sounds: I adjusted the sensitivity all the way up on my timer but it would only pick up the shots if help right next to the gun. The timer app Arial posted here: http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=86330 works great with it! I was able to leave the phone on the bench and it picked up shots from as far as 15 feet away (didn't really try any farther).

Again, overall I am almost as tickled with the M&P airsoft as I am with the real M&Ps that we shoot.

• 7 years later...