Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

WHAT 147GR BULLET?

Adam Pini

I need to order 1000 bullets and i want 147gr. who makes the best for the money. Montana gold or Delta? If theres any other ones lmk

I know PD is catching up on their backorders, but I think you'd still have to wait a bit. They're not a bad bullet, but my M&P doesn't like them nearly as much as it likes MGs or Zeros. I've had excellent luck with every MG bullet I've ever tried, their customer service is outstanding, and they ship faaaast. Save youself some $ and order a case!

Well right now mg is 122.00 for 1k and delta is 84.00 thats a pretty huge differenece. and im not in any rush so if it take a little time to get them. How are zero bullets and where would you recommend getting them. I got those prices from there websites. Is there any other places that carry those bullets. I just for sure what 147gr and i really didnt like the berry bullets i got to start out.

Well right now mg is 122.00 for 1k and delta is 84.00 thats a pretty huge differenece. and im not in any rush so if it take a little time to get them. How are zero bullets and where would you recommend getting them. I got those prices from there websites. Is there any other places that carry those bullets. I just for sure what 147gr and i really didnt like the berry bullets i got to start out.

True, but you have to order a minimum of 2K from PD, so you're shelling out at least $168. If you order a case (3K) of MG 147s, the price drops to $101/K. From what I've seen the MGs are worth the extra $17/K....and you won't have to wait weeks to get them.

Zeros are often impossible to get (last two years or so). Their 147 FMJ (exposed lead base) is running around $90/K if you can find them and their 147JHP is a couple of bucks more per/K.

I ordered some 147gr FMJs and some 135gr FMJs from Zero (Rozie) well over a month ago and still haven't heard anything. R,

I like Zero and Montana Gold. I used to love Star 147s, when they were still in business in Indianapolis; rumor had it that Precision Delta bought their machinery. If true, they should be producing good bullets --- but I have no personal experience with PD 147s....